Sunday, August 08, 2004

Reviews! Reviews! Reviews!

  • PopMatters has a decent review of Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot demos that comes just over two years after Neumu ran a similar article -- despite PopMatters' assertion that the YHF demos "have floated around cyberspace for about year. [sic]" Still, better late than never, and it's worth a read, especially if you've found A Ghost Is Born to be a bit of a letdown.

  • In a three-part series at X-Entertainment, a Spiderman action figure takes on the Herculean task of reviewing every colour in Crayola's 96-crayon box. The writing starts to run out of steam after the first part, but it's worth it just to look at the pictures of the Spidey action figure. I've never seen so many points of articulation.
    Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3

  • Lastly, my review of the Taste of the Danforth street festival: tasty. And my review of my current waistline: bigger. If you're reading this by Sunday, August 8, and are anywhere near Toronto's Greektown, drop by for a few skewers of souvlaki. I can't remember when I've had so many sticks of hot, greasy meat in my mouth without a gloryhole being involved.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

This is my comment. I apologize for its poor content.

8/09/2004 09:42:00 PM  
Blogger Peter Lynn said...

Apologize for nothing. I'm just happy to have you back. How did the move go?

8/09/2004 11:47:00 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

The move went really well. Most things here are great. The job is quite different and frustrating and will take some time to get used to. Overall I give it an 8½ out of 10.

8/10/2004 07:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares