Friday, September 19, 2003

The most annoying catchphrase in sports broadcasting

I've noticed this happening more and more, and it's increasingly irritating: Sports announcers who always yell "Are you kidding me?!" every time an athlete performs some superlative (but inevitably not actually unbelievable) feat of athleticism. These guys would sound like the most incredulous broadcasters in the history of television if it didn't sound so much like a rote, mediocre catchphrase.

Just once, I'd like to see an outfielder -- say, Barry Bonds -- look straight into the camera after his stupendous diving catch has been been lauded with this tired, idiotic blurting and icily answer, "No, I'm playing baseball. Why would I waste my time deliberately trying to deceive a pissant like you?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares