Friday, May 27, 2005

Ha, ha, Mr. Jokes.

This ill-advised article on practical joking in the workplace from today's Metro doesn't seem like a good team-building or morale-boosting idea. It seems more like Exhibit A in a future workplace harassment lawsuit. Although if I caught this smarmy ass pouring salt in my coffee, the only human resources action involved would be his taking advantage of his dental coverage after I caved in his face. I would murder this asshole.

I like a practical joke as much as anyone, but there are two things you absolutely do not do: You do not victimize me in my sleep, and you do not poison my food or drink. These are shitty moves and they are grounds for an old-school ass-whipping.

[Bonus Metro content: Check out the surprisingly subtle commentary on page 8 of today's issue. There's a little bit there about how tiny North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Il wears elevator shoes. Now check out Bono's footwear in the unrelated full-body photo of the diminutive U2 frontman meeting Condoleezza Rice. In a word, "Elevation".]

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

go degrassi!

5/27/2005 12:21:00 AM  
Blogger Peter Lynn said...

Reference caught immediately! I'm guessing this is Tyler.

5/27/2005 12:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favourite Kim Jong-Il moment was Trey Parker and Matt Stone's recent appearance on "Much on Demand," in which their current idiot host commented on how funny "the Chinese President from the movie" was.

"Right," Parker said. "You mean Kim Jong-Il, the Korean President."

For added fun, hit the "pause" button on that footage to catch the moment of hesitation where he clearly and visibly thought about slapping the host.

5/27/2005 03:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not bad for a guy who's never watched the show, eh?

5/27/2005 10:59:00 AM  
Blogger Peter Lynn said...

Tyler: Not bad!

Matt: That's bad.

5/30/2005 07:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares