Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I gave myself a botched haircut

Okay, so here's the deal with my head:

As heir to my father's dubious legacy of alopecia and cheapness, I've been cutting my own hair using electric clippers for a while now. On Saturday, I needed to give myself a quick trim before heading out of town. I buzzed my head down to an eighth of an inch as usual. Then I took a quick moment to admire my bald head and suddenly hirsute back and shoulders, and practiced my imitation of George "The Animal" Steele. Then I jumped in the shower.

When I got out, I noticed in the mirror that I'd missed a little strip of hair in the back. No problem. I grabbed the clippers out of the medicine cabinet to even things out with a quick swipe.

What I hadn't noticed, though, was that the little plastic guide comb had fallen off, exposing the metal cutting blade. Suddenly, the part of my hair that had been too long was too short. I had to buzz my whole head again to even things out, then take another shower.

So I'm rocking more of a skinhead look than usual because I'm a moron. On the other hand, I actually ended up meeting a cute girl later that same day who happened to dig the dome. So it worked out in the end.

11 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

I'm wearing the same 'do but I did mine on purpose.

2/07/2006 10:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Digging the Dome" must now be referred to as "Rockin' the Rogers Centre"

2/07/2006 10:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you had to clean yourself so many times. Any thought about how that might have been why a woman was interested? It has worked for me in the past- and I ended up with two children. So I've stopped showering... but, you know...

2/07/2006 11:10:00 PM  
Blogger Peter Lynn said...

I don't know. The cute girl in question is a yummy mummy, so I could conceivably also have parlayed the showering into two children as well, albeit not my own.

2/07/2006 11:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it possible that, like a budgie, she is just entranced by her own reflection on your scalp?

2/07/2006 11:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. - The woman who digs you obviously has a thing for skinheads and is therefore a racist. Har har har!

2/08/2006 01:00:00 AM  
Blogger Peter Lynn said...

It's not me. No one digs me. Only the dome.

2/08/2006 01:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As for the lady who digs your dome,I am sure she knows what she is talking about and not only digs the dome but digs the dude ... :)

2/08/2006 01:52:00 AM  
Blogger Dickolas Wang said...

You know, I think that's the most supportive thing I've seen anyone write about you that isn't directly blog-related.

2/08/2006 05:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, now I feel kind of bad about the whole skinhead thing. I mean, you're a good dude...

2/08/2006 10:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u better watch out for those single mommys....they can be bad news!! just something to think about

2/09/2006 04:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares