Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The case of Man vs. Clown: Cracked!

Thanks to Jay Pinkerton and company, I've found a new home at Cracked.com. Just in time, too; Blogger just added word verification to posts. Nuts to that, I say.

There's still some tweaking to do, but effective immediately, you can point your computers at http://manvsclown.cracked.com/.

Update: It's not quite ready for prime time after all. In the meantime, I'm going to keep this notice at the top (which is why this entry is apparently written in the future), but keep updating this site too.

Further update: Okay, I'm totally all moved in at Cracked now. What are you even doing here? Go there. If you're wondering where the archives disappeared to, never fear; they're over there now. Apologies for any dead links. If you head over there, you'll be able to find whatever you're looking for. Go on over now.

Even further update: I should have mentioned this a long time ago: I moved away from Cracked and, instead of returning to Blogger, I changed over to Wordpress. This is my new site.

9 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Nice going, buddy!

Hey, wait a minute... Where's my posting access?

5/31/2006 10:22:00 PM  
Blogger Peter Lynn said...

> still some tweaking to do

Congrats on the Cup Final tickets, though!

5/31/2006 10:34:00 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

What's wrong with word verification? Found your blog through JayPinkerton.com and am loving it. Beats studying that's for sure!

Worked my way through January through to now ;)

6/01/2006 04:13:00 AM  
Blogger Peter Lynn said...

Glad you like it. Of course, anything beats studying.

Word verification is all right, and I get the need, but given how I tend to make many small tweaks to posts, I think it'd end up being a hassle to have it as part of the posting process.

6/01/2006 09:32:00 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

You're right, most things beat studying. But dancing french girls beat it into submission. I don't think I got anything done that day. It was hypnotising.

6/01/2006 10:43:00 AM  
Blogger Peter Lynn said...

If you liked her, check out the Solid Potato Salad girls currently featured on the new blog. They're a revelation.

6/01/2006 11:34:00 AM  
Blogger Dickolas Wang said...

I can't help but feel a twinge of sadness at the new blog. After all, I would never have found your blog were it not for the "Next Blog" button at the top of Blogger pages. To think that had this happened just a year sooner, I might never have found the daily ray of sunshine that is MvC!

6/02/2006 04:48:00 PM  
Blogger Peter Lynn said...

People actually use that button?

Well, look at this way: Had I moved over to Cracked earlier, maybe you wouldn't have needed to stumble on me randomly. Maybe I'd have already ridden Pinkerton's coattails to such an obnoxiously ubiquitous level of undeserved internet stardom that you'd already be sick of hearing about me. But probably not. (And that's not to say that Jay has an obnoxiously ubiquitous level of undeserved internet stardom, of course.)

Anyway, I'm not killing this blog. It'll stop getting new updates, but it'll remain as a pointer toward the new one. Think of it as an inukshuk marking where I once was and pointing travelers who stumble across it to where I've gone.

One note about the new blog, though: With the move to prime time, we here at MvC cleaned house, firing and replacing the old writing staff. It was a sad but necessary move in order to appeal to a larger, older-skewing middle American market. I'm really excited about the new hires, though. We've got a guy who worked on Leno and three guys from According to Jim. I think you'll love it. Thanks for reading.

6/02/2006 09:21:00 PM  
Blogger norm chompski said...

I shit clowns like you! I AM the Beach Boys, fool! "Pet Sounds" wasn't shit and "Smile" would've been shit without me.

"Kokomo," bitch! It's only THE BEST SELLING BEACH BOYS TRACK OF ALL TIME!!!!

8/23/2006 04:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares