Friday, February 10, 2006

How imprudent

Image hosting by PhotobucketAn observation: I was reading the "Dear Prudence" advice column at Slate.com last week and noticed that it was Margo Howard's last time writing for the column before moving on to a new advice-giving gig at Yahoo! News. Today, I noticed that they're spotlighting the column, which is now written by Emily Yoffe, with the words "Introducing Slate's New, Improved Dear Prudence".

So I clicked on the new column. What's new and improved? They don't say. The only thing that seems to be different is that it's a different Prudie writing it. This seems like a bit of an unnecessary dig at the old and, by implication, inferior one (who I thought was just fine and has the distinguished pedigree of being Ann Landers' daughter). I'm guessing she didn't leave on good terms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares