Monday, September 13, 2004

Edison's medicine

Q. How many Peter Lynns does it take to put in a light bulb?
A. Just the one, but if it’s going into my frustratingly engineered desk lamp, the process will take at least a half hour.
However, this process, though requiring the same kind of delicate force and intense concentration needed to wiggle a new motherboard into place without snapping it into dozens of hand-shredding splinters, gave me enough time to recall my two favorite jokes about editors installing light bulbs. It’s usually a lame joke genre, but I like these two anyway:

Q. How many copy editors does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A. Is “light bulb” one word or two?

Q. How many editors of Poor Richard’s Almanac does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A. Many hands make light work.

1 Comments:

Blogger Peter Lynn said...

I'm not sure I get that one. I feel compelled to add that too many cooks spoil the broth, however.

9/30/2004 01:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares