Tuesday, November 02, 2004

If you believed they put a man on the moon

A couple of nights ago astronaut Leroy Chiao, with the aid of his fancy-schmancy rocket computer, became the first ever American to cast a vote for president from space. After completing what I'm sure will be looked upon as a fairly significant task, the pressure was on Mr. Chiao to come up with something equally significant to say. "It was just a small thing for me, but it is important symbolically to show that every vote does count," echoed the dramatic words floating 360 kilometres through the magic emptiness back to earth. Gee, Leroy. You could almost say it was sort of like... one small step for man but, say... one giant leap for mankind!

Way to break new ground, Jerkass.

3 Comments:

Blogger Peter Lynn said...

So, did space go for Kerry or for Bush? And how many electoral votes does space have?

11/03/2004 11:12:00 PM  
Blogger Peter Lynn said...

By the way, I must say how glad I am that you've got posting privileges on my blog. One of my favorite things is loading up the site only to see something that I haven't seen before.

11/09/2004 07:37:00 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

It's my special little treat to you every once in awhile.

11/10/2004 05:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares