Saturday, November 26, 2005

Crying screaming ranting raving mad, if you were staying, boy would I be glad

My housemate Shanel moved out today and took her boyfriend Dan with her. I'll miss having a drunk Irish guy around to wash my dishes and a drunk Indian girl to knock over the stove while wrestling and to burst into my room and throw my shoes out the front door when I have visitors over. (That's "Indian" as in "Blood", and "Blood" as in "member of the Kainai tribe" and not "not a Crip", although she's not a Crip.) And I'll miss wondering what kind of offspring a drunk Irish guy and a drunk Indian girl might have, genetically and sterotypically speaking.

And what you might miss, in turn, is that Shanel has long been kind of a test audience for blog posts. The way it would usually work is that I'd wander out of my room during a commercial break, say something she would describe as random shit to her, and if she laughed, odd were I'd come back to my room and type it up. Now, quality control is out the window. But on the other hand, she was usually drunk and inclined to laugh at anything. So maybe the quality wasn't being controlled after all.

Whatever. They're good kids, and I'll miss having them around. Especially since they borrowed $20 to order Chinese food a couple of days ago and I'm still waiting to get it back.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"And I'll miss wondering what kind of offspring a drunk Irish guy and a drunk Irish girl might have, genetically and sterotypically speaking."

Not that their presence or absence should cause you to wonder with any differing frequency about the probabable offspring of a pairing of drunken Irish.

11/27/2005 10:55:00 AM  
Blogger Peter Lynn said...

Good point. I need to edit that.

11/27/2005 08:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought pizza six years ago. There's a guy still wandering around Melbourne, on this very day, who owes me twenty bucks. So I stopped paying off my credit cards, and I think that Karma, who lives deep within the earth, has been appeased.

11/28/2005 06:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares