Thursday, November 17, 2005

Yecch

A guy I know says he knows someone who works at the Ontario Science Centre, which is currently hosting Body Worlds 2: The Anatomical Exhibition of Real Human Bodies. The exhibit features cadavers preserved in plastic and displayed in a variety of poses. (While riding the subway in the morning rush hour lately, I've often been forced to stand facing a poster depicting a cadaver doing a handplant on a skateboard. I don't like having to look at that in the morning.)

Anyway, what I heard was that the heat was up a little too high and the cadavers actually began to sweat minute traces of blood and iron that were left in the tissue to add colour, and the staff were forced to close things down, lower the temperature, and sponge them off.

That's what I heard, anyway.

2 Comments:

Blogger Uncle Rameau said...

and we were planning on going sometime soon... ewwwwww...

I don't need to see the skinless in public either.

11/17/2005 07:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted to be a Preserved Cadaver Sponger when I was young, but my parents forced me into computers, because back then, Preserved Cadaver Sponging was known as "the gimmicky science". Go figure.

11/20/2005 04:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares