Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Meeting cute

You might have noticed the stores are crowded right about now. I moved back to let a girl pass me in a narrow aisle at HMV, and I accidentally knocked over about a dozen DVDs of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. We both bent to pick them up, only to be baffled when we completely filled up the rack and yet had about three copies left over.

"Much like the pants themselves, they've mysteriously expanded," she observed.

I should marry this girl, I thought.

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve Ely said...

As long as she knows to avoid incidental eye contact.

12/22/2005 09:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That deserves a "Dude, what were you doing?!" in the same manner that I did when the cute girl at Best Buy engaged me in conversation about the "Land of the Dead" DVD I was buying, and revealed that not only did she know who George A. Romero was, but she'd stood in line to meet him. And then I left the store without her number.

-Soapy

PS. And also her name

12/22/2005 11:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, I seem to have re-integrated the word "Dude" into my vocabulary. I don't know how that happened.

12/22/2005 11:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That might be enough information to go on, dude. I'm pretty sure that if you Google "the girl who likes George A. Romero", you'll get her name and address.

12/23/2005 11:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares