Thursday, January 12, 2006

I'm thinking, why is Superman dead?

The bad news first: The Superman Origin Comics that Jay Pinkerton and I did have been removed from both my blog and his.

And now the good news: That's because they've found an exclusive online home at Jay's new employer, Cracked magazine, which has bought the rights for its website, Cracked.com. Congratulations to Jay on both his new gig and his excellent comic-selling skills. Please go here to read the comic.

You'll note a few minor changes. "Superman", for instance, is now known as "Stupendous Man". This is, of course, in the best tradition of Cracked magazine parodies. (Which is to say that it's in the best tradition of Mad magazine parodies. Cracked, you will recall, was an off-brand version of Mad for years, although its recent relaunch aims at a more mature audience.) It's also for legal reasons. Not that I'm afraid of DC's lawyers. I'm more afraid of Marvel's lawyers. Daredevil, for instance, is a truncheon-wielding vigilante by night and a lawyer in his civilian identity of Matt Murdock by day. You don't want that guy on your bad side. You're screwed either way.

But enough about that. Please go here to read the comic.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, let me be the first to say that I'm surprised that a guy who's been running around claiming to have created Batman is worried about DC's lawyers.

1/12/2006 11:10:00 AM  
Blogger Peter Lynn said...

I said I wasn't worried about DC's lawyers. I'm worried about Marvel's lawyers.

1/12/2006 05:42:00 PM  
Blogger Dickolas Wang said...

I spy a "Jor-El" at the bottom of the first page, which would be the 5th page of the comic, I guess.

Don't want your new soapbox to get sued.

1/15/2006 05:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares