Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Life truly is like a box of chocolates: It's an empty experience full of disappointing twists of fate

I just finished off the top layer of a box of Pot of Gold chocolates, a deluxe package contained in an attractive metal case. That's it for the upper deck, I thought. Time for the lower deck. My jaws slavered in anticipation as I lifted out the plastic tray in anticipation of round 2 of marachino cherries and hazelnut bouquets.

Below that was a protective corrugated paper liner. I took that out.

Below that was a second protective corrugated paper liner. I took that out too.

Below that was yet a third protective corrugated paper liner. I impatiently took that out too.

Below that, staring back at me, was the bottom of an empty metal box.

What the fuck?! You only get one layer in a box of chocolates now?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"What the fuck?! You only get one layer in a box of chocolates now?"

You said this part out loud, didn't you?

Incidentally, my "word verification" word for this post was "lugobe", which has prompted a rousing chorus of "Bela Lugobe's Dead" that will not doubt stay in my head all afternoon. Thanks a lot, jerk!

1/04/2006 04:32:00 PM  
Blogger Peter Lynn said...

You're right: I did say it out loud.

Sorry to hear about this Bela Lugobe, although I did not know him.

1/04/2006 06:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares