Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Okay, but I'm not taking the heat for the nipples on the Batsuit ...

I'm not quite sure what to make of this, and can only assume it has something to do with our Batman Origin Comics, but according to these two PDFs I found online, Jay Pinkerton and I appear to be credited as the creators of the film Batman and Robin in a quiz put out as part of the BBC's RaW literacy program.

Edit: Steve Ely corrects me by pointing out that the BBC appears to be actually crediting us as the creators of the Batman character, which is one of the more outlandish claims that I can recall a major news organization ever making.

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve Ely said...

I don't know, Peter. It looks to me as if they've mistaken you guys not for the creators of the film Batman and Robin but of the characters.

If they were listing the makers of the films, they'd have listed, for instace, Jane Campion for Portrait of a Lady and Peter Jackson for The Lord of the Rings. But they list Henry James and J.R.R.Tolkien.

They think you two invented the actual comic book characters. This is much bigger than any crappy George Clooney movie.

(And if you'll forgive some disgusting self-promotion, maybe the BBC guys ought to read this.)

1/03/2006 12:51:00 AM  
Blogger Peter Lynn said...

I've read that piece before. It's a good one, on a topic that should be more widely known.

Sadly, I'm the Bill Finger of our Batman Origin Comics.

1/03/2006 01:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares