Friday, January 13, 2006

They're a regular couple of Peter Lynns now

Toward the end of university, I put on a little weight. It happened gradually enough that I didn't notice. Scott, Mike, and other friends did, however, and instead of pointing it out, they simply made my name a slang term for a fat guy. What good friends. Finally, I figured out I was fat. "Why didn't you tell me?" I asked.

"We did," Scott said. "We said you were getting to be a real Peter Lynn." As if I'm supposed to know what that means.

What I do know, however, is that much has been made recently about the fact that Vince Vaughn isn't as lean as he was back in Swingers.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is Vince a few years ago.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is Vince more recently.

But have you seen his pal Jon Favreau lately? That guy has gotten really fat. Judging by last night's episode of My Name is Earl, he's at least 300 pounds.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is Jon back in the day.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is Jon more recently.

No wonder he moved behind the camera where the likes of Peter Jackson and Michael Moore reside.

I think Vince isn't gaining weight so much as simply trying to stay in proportion to Jon, perhaps to keep Jon from noticing he's put on weight. He is a good friend. But beware: This cannot be allowed to continue.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is a life-size effigy of a cow sculpted out of butter. This is also you, Jon Favreau, in only a few years. Take my word for it.

1 Comments:

Blogger John Eje Thelin said...

Although, it must be noted that Peter Jackson has lost lots of weight. I saw his Kong interviews and nearly didn't recognize the guy.

1/14/2006 07:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares