Thursday, January 06, 2005

Finest Worksong

Too many people (×3)
Too many people are trying to change me
Too many people are looking to rearrange me

But the last thing that I’ll ever do
To prove that I’m a man like you
Is work from nine to five so I can keep myself alive
And have to listen every day to everybody’s jive
And concentrate my time on simply trying to make a dime
And agitate my mind or try to make my values right

Too many things (×3)
Too many things that I’ve got to do
Too many bags that I’ve gotta run through

And the last thing that I’ll ever do
To prove that I’m a man like you
Is turn away the girls even though I wanna whirl
And worry just because that’s what everybody else does
And change myself around so that I’m a phony clown
And wear a suit and tie when I’d rather sit and die

Too many people (×6)

The Leaves – “Too Many People”

This song rules.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares