Sunday, January 02, 2005

Ouch!

So I'm walking to work just a few days ago and as usual I glance over at a row of newspaper boxes to see what today's headlines are. One of the papers I see, The Province, has the front page that I've helpfully provided a photo of right within this very post. It features a very anguished looking woman and the headline 100,000 obviously referring to the increasing death toll of the tsunami that we've all been hearing about lately. Well not obviously enough for me. My first thought at viewing the page was "Good Lord! That woman has jabbed herself in the eye 100,000 times!"

7 Comments:

Blogger Marlene said...

It's scary how much you and Scott think alike. Just last night he was telling me about the exact headline and picture and how he thought the same thing as you. I'd say great minds think alike, but I think there has got to be a more appropriate adjective to describe how your minds think.

1/02/2005 11:02:00 PM  
Blogger Peter Lynn said...

Scott, do you want to tell her the reason for this amazing coincidence, or shall I?

1/03/2005 12:34:00 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

I'll handle it, Pete. Thanks.

1/03/2005 03:22:00 AM  
Blogger Marlene said...

So it turns out I'm an idiot. It even occurred to me for a split second that The Province is a BC paper. Evidently the split second wasn't long enough for it to register. I also thought for a second that maybe I had accidentally went to the Beta Flight blog and not realized it, but knew that wasn't the case. And lastly, while I was posting my comment I thought maybe Scott had somehow written it. I didn't actually check though. This just goes to prove that I may be one of those terminally stupid people that I used to complain about when I waitressed.

1/03/2005 01:36:00 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

That makes three posts in a row having something to do with the severely retarded!

1/03/2005 05:53:00 PM  
Blogger Marlene said...

HEY!!

1/03/2005 07:52:00 PM  
Blogger Peter Lynn said...

Would that my usual content could provide the same effect!

1/04/2005 06:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares