Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Peter Lynn, practical fashionista

I'd like to say we've all done this, but the couple of people I've mentioned it to have said, "I've never done that!" So, I guess it's just me who's done this, but I've done it more times than a grown man ought to have.

I got up a little late for work today and, scrambling to get dressed, grabbed a pair of previously worn pants off the back of a chair. Nothing wrong with that: If you've got a clean and sedentary office job and an ass that doesn't sweat too much, you can usually get a couple of wears out of a pair of work pants without having to wash them.

When I got them on, though, I realized the seat of my pants felt a little baggy. That could mean only one thing: There was still a pair of pre-worn underwear wadded up in there.

I pulled them out and left for work, but I regretted it all day. Leaving them in there would have had three obvious benefits:
  1. Extra cushioning for extra comfort when sitting on things
  2. A backup pair of clean(er) underwear in case of an accident
  3. Provided an identical pair was worn, could perform a cool magic trick by publicly yanking them out and ripping them up and then seemingly restoring them

1 Comments:

Blogger Peter Lynn said...

You know what would be a good dream? You go to school naked, and then some other kid realizes he's got an extra pair of wadded-up underpants, and he tosses them over to you.

Well, it wouldn't be a good dream. You'd still get somewhat traumatized and then you'd wear someone else's dirty underwear. But it'd be better than just the regular go-to-school-naked dream. Anyway, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only filthy, filthy pants-recycler around here.

12/22/2004 05:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares