Wednesday, June 08, 2005

I am violated

I just got home from a long, sweaty commute. My landlord and landlady were in the yard, tending their garden. They live a few blocks over, but have a garden at our house for some reason. They're in their sixties or so, and are the parents of my housemate, Brain-Damaged Toula.

I peeled off my sweaty clothes, took a cool shower, then headed for my bedroom to change. I have a suite of rooms, so I didn't bother with the formality of having a towel on or anything. However, just before I walked into the bedroom, I realized I could hear my landlady lurking right beside the window and gibbering in Greek (I am on the ground floor). At that short distance, you can see through the Venetian blinds, particular since I busted the end of a couple of the slats off while climbing through the window one time, so there's kind of a gap. So I decided to wait her out.

I waited by the door, and finally, it sounded like the coast was clear. I stepped into my room to only to see my landlady deliberately peeking through my window right at my full frontal male nudity.

Get the hell out of the yard, old Greek people! Goddamit!

4 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

I hope you confronted her on this issue. That is clearly not acceptable.

6/11/2005 12:35:00 AM  
Blogger Peter Lynn said...

I wasn't sure I wanted to cause a scene in front of her husband (especially since she hardly even speaks English and it probably would have been a fruitless discussion anyway). He probably didn't know what she was doing, and I didn't want to cause marital problems even though she's obviously an old pervert.

However, I did leave a strongly worded note for Toula and held an even more strongly worded follow-up discussion when I saw her later about keeping her parents away from my window.

6/11/2005 12:45:00 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

So, to paraphrase: I didn't think I'd be able to reason with the woman who didn't speak english so I took my complaint to the woman with brain damage. Seriously Peter, it's bad enough that you were trying to reason with women let alone trying to reason with foreign and/or brain damaged ones.

6/11/2005 04:50:00 PM  
Blogger Dickolas Wang said...

Kudos, y'all, this blog is hilarious. I deem it bookmark-worthy.

6/11/2005 06:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares