Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Love Courtney

Here's a damn good transcript of a speech by Courtney Love (circa 2000) that's actually making me respect her a bit. It's about how record labels screw over artists, and she makes some great points, although my favorite part is when she takes an unprovoked swing at "Mambo No. 5", calling it "a piece of crap".

Of course, any swing at "Mambo No. 5" can't be that unprovoked. It is a piece of crap. I'm sure even Lou Bega knows that, although I've always liked to picture him in front of a boardroom full of suits, flush with confidence from his recent hit as he makes this expansive gesture with his hands and says, "Gentlemen, I've got three words for you: Mambo. Number. Six." And then security throws him into the street, getting his white suit all dirty as he lands in the gutter, and one of the guards stomps on his hat.

Anyway, read the speech.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

I always knew you were a Courtney Love fan. At least ever since I played you her version of Pale Blue Eyes.

6/18/2005 11:45:00 PM  
Blogger Peter Lynn said...

And it's still the worst thing I've ever heard.

6/20/2005 01:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's because you tried to hear it. try reading, left to right, letters form into words and words into sentences.

she's right, RIAA piracy is worse than online piracy.

6/20/2005 11:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares