Thursday, October 13, 2005

How much do bank tellers make, anyway?

"And if that's all your transactions, here's your new balance."

"Huh. It's actually higher than I thought. My paycheque must have been deposited."

"I can check for you." A pause. "Well, there's a deposit from payroll, but ..."

"But?"

"It's small. That can't be it."

"Small?"

"Small."

"How small?"

She cites the exact amount of my weekly paycheque.

"That's small?"

A shrug.

"You're saying my paycheque is small?"

Another shrug.

"We get paid weekly, you know. It's not like that's for two weeks."

"Have a good evening, sir."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a co-worker who also works at a bank and just yesterday I think I overheard her saying she makes $12.50 an hour. She certainly wasn't talking about our mutual place of work...

10/14/2005 01:37:00 PM  
Blogger Peter Lynn said...

All I know is I don't want to hear my bank-teller ex-girlfriend ever complain about money troubles again.

10/14/2005 02:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares