Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Interesting doppelgänger moment

I was watching an old episode of Saturday Night Live from the lamented 1985/86 season this weekend and was astounded to see Bruce McCulloch in a bit part in a short film. I knew he used to write for the show (and he likely wrote that short film, for that matter), but I never knew he'd ever been onscreen. The premise was that it was a public service announcement in which Anthony Michael Hall's buddies try to talk him into doing something unsavory. At the end, he just screams "No" and flees, and then we see that he's running screaming from an army recruiter.

I was so blown away by seeing Brucio on SNL that I just put my finger on the real significance of this moment: For the only time I can think of, two of my supposed celebrity doppelgängers were onscreen together.

I bet it was really eerie for Anthony and Bruce to meet. It must have been like staring into a mirror. A mirror over which a picture of some other guy neither of them knew had been pasted.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw that too! Although naturally, I didn't get the same "Look at my doppelgangers" thrill that you did.

Mind you, if I had tuned in earlier and caught a current episode, then accordingly to you, I might have gotten the same rush at seeing Chris Parnell, although I personally don't see the resemblance.

Also, for no other reason than I think it's awesome: The verification word that I had to type before this post oculd be approved was "funzy".

4/05/2006 03:05:00 PM  
Blogger Peter Lynn said...

My hypothetical supposed Matt doppelgänger moment would involve Chris Parnell being onscreen with Dave Chappelle. I don't know why I think you look like either guy. But based on the names alone, Parnell & Chappelle is a comedy team I want to see.

My verification word is "xuaekah" (pronounced zoo-ee-ka; not to be confused with the Flaming Lips album Zaireeka).

4/05/2006 03:29:00 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

I'm lucky. My Matt doppelgänger lives right in my building!

(yirqb)

4/05/2006 06:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oscwtpkt

4/06/2006 12:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares