Friday, March 24, 2006

A sad man talking to his fat cat

A poster in the comments thread of today's Comics Curmudgeon entry links to the even-more confounding Spanish-language version of today's Garfield strip:

Image hosting by Photobucket

This would be the best Garfield comic I have seen in a long time if I hadn't recently seen a thread at Truth and Beauty Bombs showing how, if one simply deletes Garfield's dialogue, it is, in one poster's word's, "just a sad man talking to his fat cat." I can't improve upon this excellent entry at Websnark in terms of discussion, but you should really read the whole thread yourself. Meanwhile, let me present my three five bathetic favourites:

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

10 Comments:

Blogger Steve Ely said...

My favorite comment in that Curmudegeon thread today was number 15, from Ces:

"This may be the best series of Garfield strips since the first two books. I believe in the third strip they start tearing off their clothes/fur, all the while laughing, laughing, laughing!

Fourth strip, the knives come out. Fifth, baptism of blood. Sixth, momentary regret. Sunday strip, feasting on the kill.

Gonna be a good week."

3/24/2006 04:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH K pete can u tell u're poor un-educated sister what the hell bathetic means? I dont wanna look it up. lmao. Or give me a link to a good online dictonary because I'm sure you have explained curmudegeon to me before.
j haynes
p.s. and, yes, we are all reading this blog. After, all you complained before you think your family doesn't really know you...
you maybe right,ahy?

3/24/2006 05:16:00 PM  
Blogger Steve Ely said...

He's driven me to the dictionary on many occasions. I usually go here or here.

3/24/2006 05:51:00 PM  
Blogger Chance said...

Those are 3 truly great comic strips.

3/24/2006 08:06:00 PM  
Blogger Peter Lynn said...

If my family is reading this, I'm just going to have to start spilling the beans about all the terrible things they've done. But for now, a curmudgeon is a grumpy gus, and bathetic means hilariously-over-the-top pathetic.

I believe it was actually Curmudgeon's comments that led me to the bit on Truth and Beauty Bombs. Reading comments threads pays off.

3/24/2006 10:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You, sir, have just stolen 2 hours of my life. But it was worth it.

3/25/2006 03:40:00 PM  
Blogger NockCode said...

Delivery Services in Dubai
Delivery Services
Exports of Pakistan

2/10/2021 02:32:00 AM  
Blogger Usman Awais said...

Delivery Services in Dubai
Delivery Services
Exports of Pakistan

2/13/2021 12:49:00 AM  
Blogger Drift Financial Services said...

Good luck & keep writing such awesome content.

Virgin Linseed Oil BP
Pure Linseed Oil

10/04/2021 03:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Chimney Cleaning Kettering said...

Hi thanks ffor sharing this

10/25/2022 12:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares